Wednesday, May 13, 2020

My First Day

 Ready or not it's here.....my first day of graduate school.  I'm so proud of myself for taking this leap to further my education.  I'm thrilled to be a JSU Gamecock!

Here's day one assignment.  Using a digital collage in the classroom


Creating a collage is a fun way to express your creativity.  I've created many collages for my personal use but I've never explored letting the students create a digital collage in my classroom.  Using this tool in the classroom would be beneficial in many ways.  The students could create a collage to show what they've learned at the end of a study in Science or Social Studies.  Other ways in using this tool in the classroom could be to show key details in a story or simply creating a collage to tell about yourself using pictures and images of your family, hobbies, and dreams.  Another way to use this tool in the classroom would be to create a picture collage that would conicide with a fiction or nonfiction story.  Using a digital collage tool in the classroom can build technology confidence in those students who aren't comfortable with technology skills yet.  In my opinion, this tool could be used with any academic project that is assigned by the classroom teacher and would be beneficial to any student no matter of their academic level.  I used Pic Stitch for my collage.  It was easy to download as well as easy to create my image.   I foresee me using this app in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment