Monday, May 18, 2020

21st Century Tool


The following link is a digital tool that I reviewed for parents and students to become more aware of internet safety.

https://www.safesearchkids.com/internet-safety-tips-for-kids/#.XsLdaWhKjIW

I did a Google search on internet safety for kids and read through several of them before choosing safesearchkids.com.  There were several parts of the website that caught my attention but it was the layout of the topics that are constantly talked about in my home with internet safety that made it stand out to me.

The purpose of this tool is to provide information for parents and students with internet safety.  It provides information for parents and students concerning social media, cyber bullying, how to have open conversations with your children, and how social media can make you feel, along with many other topics.  All links are easily accessible to the specific area of concern that a parent or child may have.  Each topic is an easy read and is explained thoroughly so the audience can understand whats being said.  My favorite part of this tool is that it has a kid search area.  The child can type in an item to search and it brings up websites that are only for children and provides a lot of information.

This tool aligns with the 5th grade standard of the student will identify appropriate and inappropriate use of communication technology and discuss the permanence of actions in the digital world.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Amanda! I have never used this website, but it seems like a great resource. I especially liked the articles about "Teens and Social Media" and "Internet Safety for Teens." I think even my 5th grade students would benefit from some of this information because many of them already have social media accounts. I also like the "Safe Video" search feature. This would be very helpful when searching for short videos to use during a lesson. I am always nervous about inappropriate ads / other videos when I go through You Tube. Thanks again for sharing! #EED509PEModule

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete